Comic Book   +  TIME

John Martin

So, although I haven't been drawing live for the past few months, I am still trying to stay relatively sharp. The opportunity presented it self to me last week to draw the manager at the Melting Pot restaurant (where I am now serving/waiting tables a few nights a week) asked me to draw him and his fiance.
So, he gave me a few photos and there I went. Working from photos has it's a serious disadvantages (as opposed to live), but it also gives you the opportunity to draw different angles and perspectives that you would not get normally. Of course the flip side to that is that most caricatures from photos wind up looking like a caricature OF the photo, rather than a caricature of the people.

So here's John Martin and his Fiance (please excuse the poor photo quality)

And here's a few photos of both of them