Comic Book   +  spiderman body

It feels goot to be back!!!

Well once and a while there comes a guest or pair of guests wanting to blow extra cash at one of our delightful stands by springing for the color body option. Unfortunately for them they find themselves tangled up with an artist who dislikes drawing bodies. Often times they take a little too much time, and they are often just goofy and sort of tacky. I'm speaking more on the thoughts of doing the more typical body/sports situations that make medread my days as a retail caricature artist (ex. football/fut ball, beach bodies, muscle man, skate boarding...etc.).... it's just lame.
In other news!!! There are occasionally those who want the color bodies and when asked what bodies they want,.... they become completely stumped and forget anything and everything they find cool or distinctive about themselves,.... so they careless leave the body making to me. Whenever possible, I try to think of something ridiculous, and have them riding on it. In this case (above) they had no idea what they wanted, I then proceeded to begin planning out a drawing then asked them if they have ever seen the movie Office Space? They laughingly replied "yes." This is just one example of this strategy.

Here's a different example, This youngster (here on some field trip) wanted a color body and couldn't think of something distinct or original so ,...again..... left it to me. Instead of whole on going riding gag, I just used something she had on her. She sat down with a stuffed care bear that she had won at some midway style game somewhere in the park. I just thought seeing her face with the care bears body would be amusing. She also did not want to pose or have her picture taken, so you'll just have to trust me on the likeness.

yep..

lol...yep

And finally... a kid I talked into getting a spider man body. The body style is something I've been working on, I call them simpletons. It's just (for me) a different way of thinking and an attempt to overall simplify areas for a more humorous and cartoon like effect. I've experimented with a few fellow co-workers and will definitely share those in my next post.