Comic Book   +  TIME

MEGAPOST!!!!!

So things have been getting rather hectic these days especially with all the holidays and whatnot which has resulted in fewer posts. So in turn I've opened up the flood gates on this one.

The holiday season not only brings in more business, but traveling artists as well. The caricature above is one of those traveling artists from Virginia, her name is Shawn (spelled the dumb way). At her park she runs the woodshop, but here (Tampa, Fl) she was trying her hand at airbrush. On top of that, her other goal was to get some jacked up sketches....this is my take on her.
And for those that are curious, YES! she loved it.

This guy was deffinately from Jamaca, he walked by and saw a demo I had done of myself and became very intested in getting one. His family video taped the whole thing, and every few minutes his nephew would begin to narriate various updates (of the drawing) like an anchorman.. I found it pretty funny.

This guy! I totally thought he was going to reject it. He walked by the stand 10 times before he was finally convinced to get one done (after trying to piece together his broken English). Once he sat down he pointed at the sides of his face and waved his finger in a "don't do it/no" type manner,...... I took one look down at my marker and said to myself,....nope, I'm jackin some faces. Funny thing is,...he was the only one who baught a frame from me the whole day...wierd.

Not jacked up, but I think it's a strong likeness.

LOL, ok, so as important as it is to NOT tell the caricature artist what not to draw big (for all that does in bring attention to your embarrising feature), it is also important Not to tell the caricature artist what you want bigger... in essence, be careful what you wish for. Although now looking at the actual photo I wish I could have seen that vein bursting out of his forhead...Yikes!

awe

I had to use an alternate light sorce for the photo,..so..try to imagine

These 2 were twins and made VERY clear they did not want any hearts floating around them .....for some reason I think that's funny.

And here's a demo I did the other day. I saw this guy walk by the stand twice and thought it would be good face for a morning warm up.