Comic Book   +  Ricky Looney

Ricky Legotron and Lindsay

These are some drawing I did one night over at Sheina's to kill some time. They're of my dear friend Ricky and his girlfriend Lindsay.

There's my friend Ricky, geeked out in his finest apparel, complete with green lantern shirt and taped up glasses.

This picture was taken (and edited) by Sheina while I was working on Lindsay

and Lindsay.

I've been experimenting a lot with various applications for colored markers such as the prisma color 10%-40% Grey. By accident I bought a dark Grey marker (because I couldn't test it in the store) and figured out that it works great for making a more consistent black, rather than the textured look you achieve when only using the color sticks. The other thing I have found is that it's best to use the markers after using all of the color stix/color pencils. By doing so it tends to smooth out the color and allows you to show various textures, that can be played off the skin texture that the paper naturally provides.