Comic Book   +  NCN convention

The 2008 NCN Convention

I'm not going to get to long winded about it so I will jus say this... For those that care to grow as an artist, desire to laugh, have a love or passion for the art form you should have been here!! It was an absolutely OUTSTANDING time. within just a few days, people that you only knew through their art work, reputation, or avatar name became your favorite batch of co workers and friends, and I personally can NOT WAIT to work beside them all again (next year).
I would also like to add that NONE of these pictures are ones I took, they are all barrowed and stolen from others, I can't remember where or how, but for those who took these, thank you (you know who you are).

This is my and some of my new friends shown off some awards. I personally won 10th best Caricature of the Year. Congrats to ALL of this years winners (yet again, you know who you are..)

This is the caricature itself that place in the 10th spot for Best Caricatures of the Year. It's a Zombie of Nate Kapnicky. Nate has been quit an influence to me over the past year or so, and I'm glad I was able to do something he liked. When I asked if he had any special requests, he asked that he have no eye lids, and a grenade in his brain,......well, there's still a grenade.

Here's some pictures of Nate to give some pints of reference. Check out his blog (listed in the links column).

Here's another zombie caricature done of Takayuki Watanabe. He asked me on opening night if he could be drawn as a zombie. I couldn't say no to a man that has traveled across the planet just to be there. Taka's work is amazing (especially at the convention), I hihgly encourage anyone to check his work out as well (links column).

Ladies and gentleman, Takayuki Watanabe

Here's a picture of my way at the convention. I couldn't get any good pictures of the others, but this gives you an good enough idea... I hope.

Here's a panoramic shot I found of the ballroom while the hotel was transforming it for our banquet. So this gives you a full spectrum of the amount of space and the amount of art that COVERED the walls.

Above are two separate videos shot by Brian Vasilik of the convention. So for those who missed out, want to go, curious, or what to see it all from another perspective.. here you go.

And at one point in the wee hours......the bluestachios were born.....good times